Here’s what you need to do to clean your system.
1. Download the programs listed below that you don’t already have.
2. Make sure each program is up to date (they all have a check for updates button)
3. Turn off system restore. (go to Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - System Restore….. then check the box to turn off system restore… don’t turn it back on until you have cleaned your system)
4. Reboot computer into safemode. (Do this by restarting your system and strike the F8 key repeatedly when you see the manufacturer’s screen (you may have to try this a couple of times to hit it just right). This will load a boot screen that gives different options. The one you want is Safemode with Networking.
5. Run each program one at a time (not at the same time).
6. Remove whatever they find and then run them again.
7. Reboot normally
8. Go to nanoscan and run its thorough scan
9. Then go to trendmicro and run house call.
10. Once you get an all clear from these, run your windows update and make sure your security patches are updated. Go ahead and try Internet Explorer 7 too.
11. Then you can install Spyware Blaster (although Windows Defender maybe enough or you could see which one you like best).
12. I also recommend using Firefox to surf the internet instead of Internet Explorer. You can download it from the link on our site
Here is a list of all the programs mentioned above. Have fun!
Free Spyware Removers: (Get rid of spyware already on your computer):
Free Spyware Blocker: (Blocks known spyware from reaching your browser)
Obviously, you’re going to need to take some time with this but I wouldn’t do it until you can do it all. In other words you’re not using your computer for anything else until all these steps have been complete. But I also wouldn’t do any important surfing until you’ve followed these steps.